You’ve finally made the big decision to update your home! Congratulations! What an exciting adventure you’re about to embark on.
Whether it’s modifying your current layout, extending the structure or simply updating what’s already there, Fairley Constructions can help.
There are just a few things you need to do before we can begin.
Step 1: Design
Bringing your vision to life on paper – the fun part! Just as a driver needs a road map to a destination, a builder requires detailed plans drawn up to gain a clear understanding of what you envisage your dream home to look like.
On small scale projects such as decks, stairs and non-structural renovations, we can assist with developing a design concept with you.
However, on larger scale renovations, external extensions or add-ons you will require the services of a professional draftsman or architect. This will ensure that your plans include all the necessary details for us to produce the ultimate end result.
We work with a number of incredible designers across all councils on the Northern Beaches and North Shore. Do reach out if you require a contact for this part of the process.
Step 2: Approval
Now that you have your dream home or project realised on paper, you need to ensure that you have all the necessary approvals for your council area to bring it to life.
You need to arrange and submit all necessary documents to council, including CDC, DA and the Construction Certificate. Once approved, we are ready to build!
Step 3: Construction
Bringing the dream to life! This is where we come in.
- Documentation – We request that all documentation and plans are sent through to our Head Builder Lex, so that he can familiarise himself with the project.
- Site Visit – One of our favourite parts! Meeting you and your family in person at your home and walking through your vision first hand. At the site visit we will also be clarifying specific details, measuring up the area and analysing logistical elements such as site access, scales and finishes.
- Quoting – Depending on the size of the project, a detailed quote will be delivered to you within approx. 14 days after the site visit, where you have 30 days to accept. It will include a breakdown of all elements including any specific materials and finishes you have requested.
- Timing – Hooray! The quote is now accepted and we can’t wait to get started! At this point, we will determine a project start date and deliver a custom ‘Fairley Constructions Project Timeline’ for you, so that you know exactly what to expect and when, throughout the build. We will also begin the process of ordering all the materials and equipment necessary ahead of time, so that deliveries can begin.
- D-Day! – Your dream home starts now. From the first day on site, through to the final handover we will be available to you for any questions or requests you may have. Lex and his team will treat your home as their own and ensure that the site is kept as neat and tidy as possible.
Are you ready to bring your dream home to life? Send us an enquiry here and let’s get started!